Traffic is very important to the success of every webmaster and blogger. It doesn’t matter how great your content is, it still needs to be read and it is traffic that makes this possible. This post will be listing 101 ways by which you can traffic to your blog.
By driving traffic doesn’t mean just getting more visitors. Before you start with your drive traffic campaign, make sure you set your goals. For example, if you are building traffic for your consumer website, you need to take care of demographics. Getting those visitors, who doesn’t have purchasing power is waste of time and resource. danielstampa Similarly, on blogs, if you are not getting targeted traffic from search engines or from referral sites, your conversion rate and CTR will be too low.
So let’s start with my big list of traffic driving formula for your blog.
1. Write quality Posts:
This is the first tip which anyone would give to you. A Quality blog comes with quality content. Write well researched and detailed information.
2. Comment on other blogs:
Needless to say, commenting helps in many ways. Free Backlinks and also for personal branding. Follow one thumb rule: Comment only when you have some value to add, else if you like the post and want to show your appreciation, instead of just saying “nice post”, like or share that post.
3. Guest post on other blogs.:
With article directory value decreasing, it’s always a good idea to start guest posting. With a clever guest post campaign, you can build HQ backlinks and also increase your credibility. For a good Moz rank, it’s important to get high backlink and also to your internal pages and now homepage alone.
4. Optimize your blog for search engines.:
Alright, I know SEO scares you but believe me it’s not a rocket science. It’s like some good practice that everyone should follow. Learn about onpage SEO and also about how to give proper SEO structure to your blog. My suggestion, spend 2 hours a day for learning SEO and by the end of month, you can take care of most of basic SEO issues.
5. Participate in forums related to your niche and include a link to your blog in your signature.
6. Make use of trackbacks- A trackback on copyblogger sent me over 20 unique visitors.
7. Write List posts.:
Now, when I say write list posts, it doesn’t mean go ahead and work like “Top 10″ “Top 101″, make sure your list is up to the mark and actually contains “Top” “Best of” instead of random websites or apps in your list.
8. Write top 10 posts.:
9. Write 101 list posts like this.
10. Write about how to drive traffic to blog:
Everyone needs traffic and share your strategy which works for you. People like other bloggers who share the secret instead of keeping it to them.
11. Build your mailing list:
Email marketing has existed from long and it will be there for long. People don’t like to miss Emails, and by creating a targeted mailing list, you are actually making a fortune for yourself.
12. Write for tutorial sites – Like tutorialized.com, many of these sites can send you thousands of visitors per article.
13. Work on getting covered by the media – this alone can help you gain a lot of traffic.
14. Write Link-bait posts.
15. Submit your blog to Technorati, I was checking my stats recently and I saw they are sending me a decent number of traffic (don’t underestimate their traffic).
16. Join blogging communities (like MMO Social Network and BlogEngage)
17. Join secret bloggers club where they do retweet and promote each others post – this alone can send you a decent number of traffic.
18. Blog Pinging:
Always ping your blog after writing your blog posts using a site like pingomatic (Ping O Matic) – this allows some sites to cover and and can lead to an inflow of blog traffic.
19. Submit your blog to blog carnivals – A good place to start is BlogCarnival.com.
20. Start a Contest –
Who doesn’t like free stuff? Start a giveaway or blog contest and get more real targeted subscribers. You will be amazed with the response which you usually get for contest. You can always start with 1-2 free domain giveaway.
21. Create cool videos related to your niche and mass distribute it to video sites by using a service like tubemogul.com.
22. Use your blog URL as signature in your email. (Use Wisestamp addon)
23. Submit your blog to feed directories – they can distribute your blog posts to so many sites thereby leading to increase traffic to blog.
24. Write a press release about your blog and submit it to free press release websites.
25. Advertise your blog using Google Adwords.
26. Advertise your blog using Facebook Ads.
27. Advertise your blog on your local television station.
28. Advertise your blog on your local radio station.
29. Advertise your blog on your local newspaper.
30. Advertise your blog on online yellow pages.
31. Create a professional Twitter account, get some followers and start tweeting your blog posts (make sure to use #hashtags).
32. Add social sharing buttons to your blog (at the end of all posts, preferably) – you will get more traffic when people share your posts.
33. Submit your blog to blog directories – they also send some good traffic (especially if you are a new blogger).
34. Submit your blog to website directories – every little traffic adds.
35. Submit articles to article directories.
36. Start a controversial topic – Be very careful with this though, so that you won’t regret your action.
37. Make sure you are listed in DMOZ – this is a Google-respected directory and getting listed can improve your rankings in Google and other search engines overnight, thereby leading to more traffic